J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Info

J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College--JSRCC--is one of the 23 comprehensive community colleges in Virginia.

JSRCC has three campuses, one in downtown Richmond, a rural one in Goochland County, and a suburban campus in Henrico County, about eight miles north of the city center. Classes are also offered at more than 25 other locations.

Enrollment: There are usually about 10,000 different persons enrolled at any time and about 15,000 during each full year.

About 25% are full-time students, most of whom attend daytime classes. The other 75% attend part-time. About half of all students attend evening classes. Here's a little table the bean-counters published recently:

Average Age
Full-time Students 25
Part-time Students 32
Overall 30

Female 58%
Male 42%
White 67%
Black 27%
Other 6%
More than 188,000 different persons have taken courses at JSRCC since the college opened in 1972--or about one person in four in the greater Richmond area.

About half of the students are enrolled in college-transfer programs leading to a bachelor's degree. Most of the other half are in two-year associate's degree programs ranging from accounting to legal assisting, nursing, and respiratory thearapy.

That's all for now...

Would you like to return to my home page?

Visit my college web page?  Oh!  Sorry!  They trashed everything when I retired, the ingrates.  But eventually I'll put some of it on this--my own--website.  When I get around to it.